As electric bikes are getting popular day by day, it’s not that easy to resist the urge to own one. However, most traditional l bikes today do come with an impossible price tag that simply makes it out of the reach of general users. But does it have to be that way? Well, not from now!
We have listed down some of the most high-performing e-bikes to find out the best electric bike under $800 only. You don’t need to spend a great deal of money, just to enjoy the benefit of a simple motor attached to a regular road bike! So, stay tuned till the end and find out what we have got in the pack for you!
How Did We Analyze?
To find out these 10 e-bikes, we have spent more than 48 hours researching these options. We have gone through various products and analyzed the features, pros, and cons. Again, we have read a good number of reviews on these e-bikes and also considered the feedback of actual customers on e-commerce sites.
Best Electric Bike Under $800- Quick Overview
Editor’s Choice: Swagtron EB-6 Bandit E-Bike
“For average-sized riders because of its reliable power and average mileage.”
Best For Mileage: Rattan Challenger 26 Inch Electric Bicycle
“With IPAS technology, the hybrid bike offers great mileage at limited power.”
Best 3-in-1 Bike: Speedrid 26/27.5 Inch Electric Bike
“Amazing 3-in-1 biking experience with 350-w electric motor and 21-speed gear.”
Best For Budget: Aceshin 26-Inch Folding Electric Mountain Bike
“Powerful 3-in-1 bike with steep hill climbing option at a lower price range.”
Best Low-Profile High Mileage: Angotrade 26 Inch Electric Bike
“Superior mileage with a low-powered rear motor and excellent gear transmission.”
Best For Ergonomics: Aceshin 26 inch Adult Electric Mountain Bike
“The adjustable handlebars of the bike is quite flexible and ergonomic design for a fatigue-free faster ride.”
Best For Weight Load: Aceshin 26 inch Electric Folding Bike
“With its 330-pound weight carrying capacity, it’s pretty suitable for overweight riders.”
Best Low-Profile E-bike: ANCHEER an-EB5 Plus Folding Electric Bike
“This is the simplest and cheapest e-bike for anyone who needs an entry-level e-bike for daily commuting.”
Best 3-in-1 Bike With Mileage: Vivi Folding Electric Bike
“It’s a true 3-in-1 bike with an amazing mileage over 25 miles.”
Best Mileage Under $800: Vivi 26″ 350W Electric Bike Folding Electric Mountain Bike
“With a promise of up to 50 miles with pedal assist, this has to be the best for mileage under 800 bucks”
Best Electric Bike Under $800 Table of Content
Go to the topic that interests you the most! Click on the topic-title from the list below to navigate quickly to the part you are eager to read.
- How Did We Analyze?
- Best Electric Bike Under $800- Quick Overview
- Best Electric Bike Under $800 Table of Content
- Best Electric Bike Under $800 Comparison Chart
- 10 Best Electric Bike Under $800 Reviews in 2021
- 1. Editor’s Choice: Swagtron EB-6 Bandit E-Bike
- 2. Best For Mileage: Rattan Challenger 26 Inch Electric Bicycle
- 3. Best 3-in-1 Bike: Speedrid 26/27.5 Inch Electric Bike
- 4. Best For Budget: Aceshin 26-Inch Folding Electric Mountain Bike
- 5. Best Low-Profile High Mileage: Angotrade 26 Inch Electric Bike
- 6. Best For Ergonomics: Aceshin 26 inch Adult Electric Mountain Bike
- 7. Best For Weight Load: Aceshin 26 inch Electric Folding Bike
- 8. Best Low-Profile E-bike: ANCHEER an-EB5 Plus Folding Electric Bike
- 9. Best 3-in-1 Bike With Mileage: Vivi Folding Electric Bike
- 10. Best Mileage Under $800: Vivi 26″ 350W Electric Bike Folding Bike
- What To Look For In An Under $800 Electric Bike
- Final Words
Best Electric Bike Under $800 Comparison Chart
Don’t have time? Fine, let’s keep it short and check out the comparisons that we have made among the 10 e-bikes we reviewed here.
|Best Electric Bike Under $800||It's Best for||Frame Material||Wheel Size||Brake Style|
|Swagtron EB-6 Bandit E-Bike||Editor’s Choice||Aluminum||20 inches||Disc|
|Rattan Challenger 26 Inch Electric Bicycle||Best For Mileage||Aluminum||26 inches||Disc|
|Speedrid 26/27.5 Inch Electric Bike||Best 3-in-1 Bike||Aluminum||26 inches||Disc|
|Aceshin 26-Inch Folding Electric Mountain Bike||Best For Budget||Aluminum Alloy||26 inches||Disc|
|Angotrade 26 Inch Electric Bike||Best Low-Profile High Mileage||Aluminum||26 inches||Disc|
|Aceshin 26 inch Adult Electric Mountain Bike||Best For Ergonomics||Aluminum Alloy||26 inches||Disc|
|Aceshin 26 inch Electric Folding Bike||Best For Weight Load||Aluminum Alloy||12 inches||Disc|
|ANCHEER an-EB5 Plus Folding Electric Bike||Best Low-Profile E-bike||Innovative Alloy Frame||12 inches||Disc|
|Vivi Folding Electric Bike||Best 3-in-1 Bike With Mileage||Aluminum||20 inches||Disc|
|Vivi 26" 350W Electric Bike Folding Bike||Best Mileage Under $800||Aluminum||26 inches||Disc|
10 Best Electric Bike Under $800 Reviews in 2021
After analyzing hundreds of e-bikes, we have picked up 10 of the most powerful and efficient bikes for you. We have discussed each bike in detail in this section.
1. Editor’s Choice: Swagtron EB-6 Bandit E-Bike
We start it off with Swagtron Eb6 reviews. This 350-watt powerful bike comes with a unique pair of tires. That is to say, these 4-inch bigger tires offer you extra gripping on the street and more control over the bike. Further, set on 20-inch aluminum alloy double-walled rims, the tires are pretty well-suited for different biking experiences.
In addition, it comes with a 36V 7.8Ah smart lithium battery capacity. In short, it takes only 3-4 hours for the battery to get charged up. So, you can easily remove it from the bike to charge separately. Moreover, with the powerful battery and stable motor inside, the bike can pick up a maximum current speed of 18.6 mph. Again, with a single full charge, the bike can travel 20 miles per hour, at best.
Further, the bike features a 7-speed Shimano gear transmission system. Most importantly, by setting the appropriate gear, you can conquer different streets and uneven terrain conveniently. Above all, using the e-bike more and throttle, you can climb up steep hilly tracks at a 25-degree angle, as well.
- It comes with the superior 7-speed gear transmission system for smooth riding
- The electric bike runs with a 350-watt powerful motor for maximum performance
- It has a convenient removable large capacity lithium-ion battery system takes 4-6 hours to charge it outside the bike
- You can reach a top speed of 18.6 mph on e-bike riding mode
- Users get a mileage coverage of 20 miles after every single charge
If you are looking for a daily commuter that offers an off-road biking experience, this one’s for you.
2. Best For Mileage: Rattan Challenger 26 Inch Electric Bicycle
Our second choice for the best ebike under 800 bucks is the Rattan Challenger 26-inch bicycle. Firstly, this one is also a 350-watt powered bike, but with a distinct quality. Secondly, it introduces an intelligent hill-climbing power assist system. In short, this IPAS allows the bike to deliver mileage more than the regular bikes.
Speaking of mileage, the bike generally offers 40 miles of mileage for one single charge. But using the IPAC technology, you can push it up to 60 to 80 miles, as well. Moreover, riding a bike that is constructed from 6061 lightweight aluminum high-quality materials, it really doesn’t feel uncomfortable at all riding for a long time.
In addition, the combination of the Shimano 7-speed gear transmission system and the anti-skid high-quality tires is a blessing. To clarify, you can feel the control over the rotation of the wheels and the grip you get on the street. Again, not to mention that the wheels have a mechanical disc brakes system on both to make sure you get the best braking experience.
Rattan Challenger Features:
- The bike runs with an excellent powerful 350-watt motor for better performance
- You can pick a top mileage of 40 miles at best with the e-bike mode
- It comes with a unique Intelligent Power Assist System (IPAS) for better pedal assistance
- 6061 lightweight aluminum construction for superior durability
- It has a shock-absorbing front fork to support bumps
With the IPAS technology, you can get maximum mileage from this bike. If that’s what your target is, you’ll find it quite suitable for you.
3. Best 3-in-1 Bike: Speedrid 26/27.5 Inch Electric Bike
The Speedrid 26/27.5 Inch electric bike is yet another 350-watt powerful bike that lives up to the expectation. That is to say, this heavy-duty brushless motor delivers the required power for the bike to pick up 20mph of speed with 27.5-inch wheels at best. Again, if run moderately, you can easily travel up to 30 miles with a fully charged battery. So, if you are looking for the best electric bike under $800, this is your betting horse!
Further, made from a durable aluminum alloy frame, the bike comes almost fully assembled when it arrives. For instance, just read the manuals to finish it up with a few adjustments here and there. Moreover, similar to the frame, the rims are also made from aluminum alloy but come with a double-walled feature.
In addition, this 3-in-1 bike has three different modes of operation. Firstly, you can use it as a full-fledged e-bike. Secondly, you can use the assisted pedal option. Thirdly, you can simply use it as a normal bike. However, don’t worry; the 21-speed Shimano top-class gear is always there to help you out with making your comfortable ride.
- The bike comes with a powerful 350-watt brushless motor for maximum performance
- With the brushless motor inside, the top speed can reach 20mph
- The frame of the bike comes with a sturdy construction aluminum alloy material for durability
- Features a Rim that is made from double-walled aluminum alloy
- Both front and rear wheels of the bike have a disc braking system attached for better control
This 3-in-1 bike will serve the purpose of most people who need one bike for dual suspension purposes – both automatic and manual.
4. Best For Budget: Aceshin 26-Inch Folding Electric Mountain Bike
Another champ in the house is the Aceshin 26-inch E-Mountain bike. Firstly, this one is a bit low on the power of the motor, but that doesn’t mean it is less of a performer in any sense. Secondly, although the motor power is only 250-watt, you can easily reach 15 to 30 miles with this bike. Further, picking up a top speed of 15mph is also pretty common.
In addition, the bike is entirely made from an aluminum alloy frame. Therefore, this makes it pretty robust and lightweight at the same time. Again, as for the rims, they are also constructed from double-walled alloy rims too. So, this strong profile makes the bike a suitable one to be a true 3-in-1 bike.
Again, the bike comes with a signature 21-speed gear transmission system. As a result, it not only makes it easy for you to move around on flat terrain with 26-inch wheels but it also assists you to get the same grip in case of off-road biking, as well. Above all, you can even use the electronic biking option to climb up hills at a 30-degree angle!
- The entire frame of the bike is made from aluminum alloy material for durability
- It has a bright LED headlamp at the front for better illumination
- Double-walled aluminum alloy rim to ensure maximum durability on the wheels
- The dual-disc rear expansion brakes system on both front and rear wheels of the bike
- Signature 21-speed gear transmission to take control of the speed
If you are tight on budget but looking for a great performing bike that offers flexibility in storing and maintaining, this one’s for you.
5. Best Low-Profile High Mileage: Angotrade 26 Inch Electric Bike
If you like the Aceshin 26-inch regular mountain bike, you will love the Angotrade 26-inch bike even more. Although it has a 250w motor, this one is a bit different in the making. Most importantly, it is made from German motor technology that offers better power-delivery than the same power’s peer motors.
That is to say, it can offer a speed from 15 mph to 21.7 mph at best. Again, the mileage of the bike is excellent, as well. So, If you are riding on the e-bike mode, you can get a maximum mileage of 15.5 miles. If you are using the Assisted electric mode, the mileage can reach up to 31 miles.
Moreover, this foldable bike can be easily folded down and stored in a confined place to save space. As a result, from 100 cm height, it becomes only 90 cm once folded. In other words, you can easily carry it inside the deck of your car!
- Aluminum alloy and iron rear suspension to mitigate the bumps on the road and rough terrain
- Dual disc powerful braking system for both wheels to control the speed
- LED 3-speed meter to enable proper navigation of the settings and safety features
- A maximum speed of 35 km/h if you are running the bike on an e-bike throttle mode
- Maximum mileage is 31 mile in assisted pedal mode on this bike
It comes with a maximum mileage of 31 miles that should be a perfect fit for those who are concerned about greater mileage at a lower profile.
6. Best For Ergonomics: Aceshin 26 inch Adult Electric Mountain Bike
Another Aceshin e-bike on our list! This time it’s the 26-inch Adult Electric Mountain Bike that comes with a frame made from aluminum alloy. To add to the durability and performance, the high-strengh carbon steel front fork, coupled with a premium shock absorber.
Further, the bike features a double-disc system that offers absolutely stunning braking performance. In addition, the 21-speed gear transmission system also plays a vital role in the smooth movement of the bike on diverse road types. Again, turning on the assist pedal mode, you can reach up to 30 miles on a single charge.
On the other hand, talking about the adjustable handlebar, it has a pretty ergonomic design and wide in sleek design. As a result, you won’t feel any fatigue on your hand while you are riding the bike. Again, the comfort is multiplied when you have the anti-slip tires on the wheels for maximum grip on various kinds of terrains.
- The bike frame is constructed from durable aluminum alloy high-quality materials
- High-strength carbon steel shock fork for better absorption of shock
- Bright LED headlamp on the front to light up the front area at night
- Premium shock absorber to absorb shock in a better way
- Wear-resistant and anti-slip tire supports you through difficult roads and streets
The flat handlebar of the bike is pretty ergonomically designed. It should be a good choice for those who have backache issues.
7. Best For Weight Load: Aceshin 26 inch Electric Folding Bike
Another brilliant addition to this list is the Aceshin 26-inch Folding Bike. Firstly, the very first thing that you will notice in this piece is its innovative design. Secondly, Its unique wheel design with the overall structure of the bike makes it a pretty demanding one. However, apart from the design, the bike is also quite sturdy constructions aluminum alloy frame.
Moreover, both the front and rear wheels are constructed from double-layered aluminum alloy. Both the wheels have a disc brake system installed. Further, this set up with the aid of the 21-speed superior gear transmission system, ensures you are having a smooth ride every time you mount this bike!
In addition, the front fork of the bike is made from carbon steel. It is equipped with an excellent shock absorption system, too. As a result, this takes care of the pressure you put on the wheels and lets you feel no bump at all.
- The highest speed you can get on this bike is 55 KMS
- 21-speed gear transmission for superior control over the speed on different roads
- Carbon-steel made front-fork can save you from the blow of bumps
- Double-layered aluminum alloy wheels ensure superior durability
- Constructed from aluminum alloy frame to maximize the sturdiness of the bike
With a weight capacity of 330 pounds, this one is a pretty good choice for overweight users.
8. Best Low-Profile E-bike: ANCHEER an-EB5 Plus Folding Electric Bike
We now have one of the unique e-bikes on our list – the Ancheer folding electric bike. This one is a cute little bike that will easily grab your attention. Inspired by the dolphin’s shape, the 12-inch wheel design is really a compact one.
But that doesn’t mean this one is less of a performer. In other words, it comes with a 350-watt powerful motor that allows the bike to move at 25 km/h, at best. To clarify, that, too, with a load capacity of 265 pounds on it. That’s a pretty good deal you have right there.
Further, as for the electrical components of the bike, it’s IPX5 waterproof. So, that means you can ride it while it’s showering outside with no headache. Again, the 36V 6Ah high-power capacity battery can deliver enough back-up for a long ride. Recharging the battery also takes only 3 hours, which is pretty impressive, as well.
ANCHEER an-EB5 Features:
- 350-watt of a powerful motor to run the bike on the electric biking mode
- The top speed of the bike can reach up to 25 km/h in the e-bike option
- Heavy-duty 36V 6Ah battery to support you all day in a single charge
- IPX5 waterproof design ensures effortless biking in the rainy days
- Front and rear disc brake make sure you get superior stoppage when needed
If you are planning to buy a simple e-bike as one of the city commutes for your regular commuting in affordable prices, this one is your bet!
9. Best 3-in-1 Bike With Mileage: Vivi Folding Electric Bike
The Vivi folding electric bike is yet another addition to the premium e-biking experience. This one is powered by a 350-watt efficient brushless motor that aids the bike to move at 15.5 mph speed. In addition, you can stop using the motor any time and switch to traditional biking instead.
Again, having a couple of 20-inch wheels, the bike looks pretty compact. The aluminum alloy frame also adds to this feature by making it quite lightweight construction, as well. Further, the best part is, even though the bike is made from heavy-duty materials, it can be folded down to half of its size.
In addition, as for the battery power, the bike can run about 25 miles at a stretch with a single charge. Further, you can recharge the battery by keeping it on the bike and out of the bike. Again, it doesn’t take much time to get recharged. So, you can expect it to be fully charged within 5 hours.
Vivi Folding Features:
- The bike is quite a compact one with the 20-inch profile
- 3-in-1 e-bike can be transformed into a normal bike and an assistive bike from an e-bike
- Aluminum alloy frame for superior construction and durability
- 7-speed gear transmission to have maximum control over the bike’s speed
- The maximum speed is 15.5 mph if you are running the bike in e-bike mode
If you are looking for an e-bike with a good mileage count, this should be on your priority list.
10. Best Mileage Under $800: Vivi 26″ 350W Electric Bike Folding Bike
We pull the shutter down in our quest for the best electric bike under 800 buck with the Vivi 26-inch folding electric mountain bike. As the name suggests, the bike is an electric one that is well-suited for mountain biking and daily commuting, as well. Again, its 350-watt powerful motor and lightweight aluminum frame ensure it performs well on both streets.
Further, this 3-in-1 bike can be easily converted from an e-bike to a traditional one. In addition, it also has a pedal-assist option that can take the mileage up to 50 miles, which is around 25 miles in the case of the electric-only mode. Again, as for normal biking, there is a 21-speed gear option to ensure comfortable pedaling!
The 36V 8Ah heavy-duty battery supports long time riding. In other words, the rechargeable battery can be charged on the bike, or you can remove it to charge separately, as well. Again, it’s packed and cased with a waterproof cover to make sure it doesn’t act weird in the rainy rides!
Vivi 26″ Features:
- The bike is made from a lightweight aluminum alloy frame
- It runs with a powerful 350-watt motor that ensures the best e-bike experience
- The pedal-assist mode can help you reach up to 50 miles of mileage per charge
- It has a 21-speed excellent gear transmission system
- Features a waterproof battery system that performs well under rain
For the best mileage under 800 bucks, there are very few options that you can go for. This one is one of them.
What To Look For In An Under $800 Electric Bike
Now, before you go to buy an e-bike under 800 bucks, make sure you are following the tips we are going to share.
Check The Price:
Of course, you will need to make sure that the bike comes with a price tag of less than $800. Otherwise, you will have to get out of your budget and spend more, which is not your target.
Prioritize 3-in-1 Bike:
An e-bike doesn’t only have to be an electronic bike only. There are lots of e-bikes right now that come with 2 other options – assisted pedal and normal biking. So that if the battery runs out, you can use the bike like any other bike. Make sure you are getting one like that.
The more powerful motor it has, the better speed you will get. If you are settling for a bike that comes with a 200-watt motor, you are going to regret it. Make sure you are getting a motor with at least 250-watt power.
Yes, this is a concern. As you are riding an electric bike, the components do have multiple electric parts. You better make sure these parts are waterproof so that you don’t need to dump the bike after a rainy ride.
You need to make sure that the braking system of the bike is perfect. Having a dual-disc braking system is going to work like magic for you. It will ensure superior and efficient braking. So, check it out before you choose a bike.
Frequently Asked Questions
Although e-bikes have been around the corner for quite some time, these are relatively new. So many questions arise in the minds of users, especially those who are in tight-budget. Here are some Q&A that are asked frequently.
Are 800 dollar electric bikes worth the money?
You can easily find a fairly high-performing e-bike at around 500 bucks. So, that being said, budgeting for an 800-dollar bike is definitely worth it.
What are the core advantages of electric bikes?
There are multiple core advantages of an electric bike. The main perks will be speed, mileage, and of course, effortless riding.
Are VanMoof bikes worth the money?
VanMoof bikes have been around the corner for a long time now. With their superior quality and popular brand value, it is safe to say that their bikes are worth your money!
How does an electric bicycle work?
Ans. An electric bike has two electric parts – a motor and a battery. The motor powers up the bike to ride and the battery provides all the power back up for it to run.
How many charges can we get out of a battery?
Most electric bikes nowadays use a lithium-ion battery. Considering that, you can easily charge it 500 times with lithium battery charger at least.
So, our quest for the best electric bike under $800 comes to an end here. We did our best to pinpoint the most promising e-bikes that you can get under the 800-buck limit. If you have followed our buying guide properly, you may have got a clear idea of which one is the best one for you.
But if you ask us, we would suggest you go for the Vivi 26-inch folding electric mountain bike. It runs with a powerful 350-watt motor that gives you a mileage of 25 mph with the electric option. With pedaling, you get up to 50 mph. That’s a pretty great deal you can’t refuse!
That’s all from us! Have a great riding experience!